Sunday, April 29, 2012

C4T #4

April 15th St.Elmo Explorers
For this C4T I was assigned to the St. Elmo Explorers. I was assigned to them once before, and I always find it interesting on what this class is doing. This time, their assignment was to pick and amendment and discuss this amendment, along with posting a picture, news article, or short video to go with it. I like the fact that the students have to do this on the class blog, and how they have access to this assignment online.

My Comment:
Hello! My name is Kasey Mooney, I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I have to say, I really like how you have your students blogging their answers to different assignments, such as this one. I think that with doing this it helps make the Bill of Rights a little more interesting. I know when I was younger it was hard to make history interesting.

 April 29th
No new post was made to my C4T, so I went back in time and found an assignment that was made. This assignment was Branches of Government. Students were learning about Graham v. Florida, a Supreme Court Case about sentencing for juvenile offenders. They were to listen to a podcast, and some debates on whether or not it is ethical to sentence juvenile offenders to life in prison, with not parole. Then at the end of class, they would have a mock trial. Then they were asked to decide of they could work for one of our three branches of government which would it be and why. My Comment: My name is Kasey Mooney. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. Again, I find this to be another great assignments for your students. I would have really enjoyed doing a mock trial when I was in school to make things more interesting. I hope to incorporate some of these assignments in my own classroom one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment