Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T #3 Summary

I was assigned to John T. Spencer.
The first blog I commented on was What should and administrator look for when hiring a 21st Century Teacher?. In this post he talked about hiring a teacher who was humble and not scared to ask questions.

My comment:
Hi my name is Kasey Mooney, I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama.
I really respect your blog post. Many times when people hear the word "humble" they think of someone who might be meek. And in their minds "meek" means someone who is weak. But I think meek is someone who knows and can control their own strength. When people humble themselves they are allowing their pride to take a back seat. I think teachers need to be humble. They need to be willing to ask questions, and have a teachable spirit about them. I know that I do not know all the answers, or know how to use all the technology just right but I am not above learning new things. Thanks for your post! Here is my blog if you would like to take a look at it Kasey Mooney's EDM310 Class Blog

His reply to my comment was:
Thanks, Kasey. I like the way you link being humble with having a teachable spirit. Those two go hand-in-hand.


The second blog I commented on was I Don't Want To Manage My Class. In this blog he discussed wanted to be a leader to students and not just a manager.

My comment to him was this:
Hi my name is Kasey Mooney. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I also commented last week on another one of your posts.
I really enjoyed this post. You mentioned opening your Bible to a sticky note, to a letter that said "I luv you, dad". Just that alone lets me know that you are a leader in your child's life. There was a comment made at church today, and it was "To be a good leader, you first have to be a good follower." I would have to agree with this, and I also think it relates to your post that I commented on last week about humbleness. To be a good leader, we have to allow ourselves to be humble, and ask questions when we don't know the answers. I too, want to be a leader of generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment