Saturday, February 11, 2012

C4T#1

I was assigned to Mrs. Angela Rand. In the first blog post I commented on, Mrs. Rand discussed her experiences with #PhdChat sessions. In her post she mentions that a lot of people who have their doctoral degrees and even those who are working on these degrees come to this forum to discuss different issues. The conversations and topics may vary throughout the month. Mrs. Rand made the statement, “Sometimes I find myself carrying on two or more conversations at once while keeping an eye on the main thematic conversation. It's fast-paced and sort of exhilarating to participate.”
As her blog post continues she goes on to talk about how she was conducting a study on the social media. She made mention that there are pros and cons to this kind of study. She discusses how in a personal meeting (face to face) attitudes and such can be determined through body language and such, but whereas body language cannot be determined through an online conversation. But one thing she mentions you can look at, to make sure of the things you may need to steer away from, is clues of things being left out, such as certain topics.

My response to Mrs. Rand’s post was this:
Hello! My name is Kasey Mooney and I am currently enrolled in EDM 310. I am still trying to get use to Twitter, and I have not really had an actual conversation on it. I also, have found that in any kind of online conversation whether it be Facebook, Twitter, forums or whatever, it is hard to analyze someone intentions and attitudes like you stated! I really enjoyed your blog post!


Mrs. Rand has not updated her blog in a while, so I had to go back and find another post to comment on. The second post I commented on, Mrs. Rand discussed a program she uses on the MAC. It is a program used to make concept maps and diagrams. His program is called Diagrammix. Here is here blog post:

C4T1

“I made this concept map/diagram using Diagrammix. Charts like these help me to learn some basic verbal information and the playful display motivates me to look at the diagram. I also like making these kinds of charts and making the charts is a form of engaging actively with the content.
Diagrammix is a pretty powerful little program for MAC. Hopefully the next upgrade will include some more symbol templates but even now there are plenty of options and the colors and functions of the symbols are easy to change. The finished charts can be exported as pdf, jpg, or the proprietary format.”




My response to Mrs. Rand’s post was this:
My name is Kasey Mooney, I am an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama.
I really like this program you have shown. I think this would be a really good tool to use to help demonstrate to students how to go about making a concept map, or a diagram. But, I do not own a MAC, do you know of any other programs like this one that can be used on other computers?

No comments:

Post a Comment